Americans spend over $10 billion every year on cosmetics and skincare products. Instead of trying to conceal flaws, consider treatment options that will treat the root of the problem. A new type of non-invasive treatment option has been pushed onto the market with incredible results. Here's a look at the technology involved with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy, as well as its clinical applications .
The Technology Behind The Success
Are you tired of spending a lot of money on cosmetics or skincare products? IPL therapy offers permanent results. This technology relies on a broad-spectrum light source that falls between a range of 500 to 1200 nm. The light source will target specific cellular structures and chromophores, much like laser therapy, and be converted into heat, which damages the cells.
IPL therapy can target the lower layers of the skin without affecting the top layers. In short, the light energy can reach the dermis without damaging or affecting the epidermis. Most skin conditions and flaws are present at the dermal layer. This is why IPL therapy is so effective. IPL therapy requires very little downtime. In short, you can easily fit an appointment to get the treatments done during your lunch break.
Clinical Applications Of IPL Therapy
Since IPL therapy can work with different wavelengths of light, various cellular structures can be targeted. The clinical applications of IPL therapy include:
- treating acne. The light source can help close skin pores to prevent them from getting clogged by oil.
- remove pigmented lesions, such as freckles and age spots.
- remove vascular lesions, such as cherry angiomas, telangiectasis and rosacea.
- remove hair permanently. IPL therapy is most commonly used for hair removal purposes. There is a reduced risk of scarring.
- firming and tightening skin. IPL therapy can use infrared light energy to heat dermal collagen in order to stimulate collagen production for a renewed collagen foundation. As a result, IPL therapy can help improve the appearance of fine lines.
Get Beautiful Skin With Less Time
IPL treatment sessions take approximately 20 minutes to complete depending on which areas are being treated although you may require several treatment sessions to achieve the results that you desire. You will be able to return back to work immediately after each session. IPL therapy is definitely worth it. It helps treat dermatological conditions at the root of the problem, so that you will have naturally flawless and beautiful skin, and no longer have to conceal flaws with cosmetic products. For more information, contact a specialist like American Dermatology.Share